- Sting protection – protect your hands with these durable Goatskin beekeeping leather glove with long thick CANVAS sleeves to protect your arms. Gloves won’t prevent bees from stinging. The thicker cowhide gloves provide more protection, as a Bee’s sting is less likely to penetrate the glove. The lighter Goatskin gloves provide more dexterity, allowing you to handle your BEES more carefully, reducing the threat of being stung and allowing you to work comfortably with lighter gloves.
- GOOD FIT & COMFORT – Theses gloves come in many sizes to ensure you can get the best fit. If unsure which size to buy, then contact us so we can help. Unlike your beekeeping suit, your gloves need to be a snug fit, because wearing poorly fitting beekeeping gloves will make it harder to work your hives, increase clumsiness and risk of squashing your bees and being stung.
- Arm & Sleeve protection – extended sleeves to beyond the elbow and strongly elasticated to ensure that the glove stay in place. Your beekeeping gloves need to protect your arms from sting and that will stay in place as you work, this is important because as your Apiary grows, you will need to spend more time working your BEES. An extended sleeve provides additional protection to your forearms. Good tight elastic will ensure that your glove don’t slip and ensure a good bee tight seal.
- WHY BEEKEEPING GLOVES ARE IMPORTANT – Your hands are very valuable, and they deserve to be protected and sting free. If your gloves fit you well and there are no gaps that will allow the bees into your gloves, then you will be fine. It doesn’t mean you will never be stung but they will significantly reduce the risk and severity of being stung.
- Why these gloves? Bees tend to try to sting you in the most vulnerable areas of your body, head, neck and wrists. If you wear beekeeping gloves with extra-long gauntlets that run onto your bee suit arms you won’t have any problems with bees getting underneath the cuff and getting trapped, then stinging your wrists. Fitted with extra-thick cuffs that are sting proof, means a direct sting to your wrist, won’t sting. Strong elastic in the gauntlet prevent bees from gaining access your gloves.