What is A Fiber Laser Cutting Machine?
Fiber laser cutting machine is a kind of CNC laser metal cutting equipment with high quality, high speed, high precision and high efficiency. Fiber laser cutters are suitable for all kinds of metal fabrication, which will be your good metal working partner.
Fiber laser cutting machine adopts the advanced fiber laser output laser beam of high energy density, and focused on the workpiece surface, making areas on the workpiece are melting and gasify instantly by ultra fine focal spotlight; Automatic cutting is achieved by moving the light spot through the CNC mechanical system. It is one of the high-tech equipment with features of advanced optical fiber laser technology, numerical control technology, precision machinery technology.
It is applied for cutting and shaping of carton steel plate, stainless steel plate, aluminum plate and other metal materials. With high speed, high precision, high efficiency, high cost performance and other features, it’s the first choice in cutting machines for industrial metal processing.
Fiber Laser Cutting Machine Features
- Excellent beam quality: Smaller focus diameter and high work efficiency, high quality.
- High cutting speed: The laser cutting speed is more than 40m/min.
- Stable running: Adopting the top brand fiber laser source, stable performance, key parts can reach 100,000 hours.
- High efficiency for photoelectric conversion: Compare with CO2 laser cutting machine, fiber laser cutting machine has three times photoelectric conversion efficiency.
- Low cost, Low maintenance: Save energy and protect environment.
- Easy operations: fiber line transmission, no adjustment of optical path.
- Super flexible optical effects: Compact design, easy to flexible manufacturing requirements.
How Does A Fiber Laser Cutter Work?
Fiber laser technology generates a focused, high-powered laser beam using stimulated radiation. A laser diode emits light, which is sent to the fiber optic cable to be amplified. When this powerful laser hits the material surface, the high-intensity light is absorbed and converted into heat, which melts the surface.
A high-speed airflow that is parallel with the laser beam is used to blow away any molten material, allowing the workpiece to be cut.
The fibre laser’s first point of contact with the material must be more intense than subsequent interactions because, rather than simply cutting through the material, this first contact must pierce it. This requires using a high-powered pulse beam that works to put a hole in the material that lasts for about roughly ten seconds for a twelve millimeter sheet of stainless steel. Simultaneously, a high-speed airflow will clear out the debris to show a clear picture of the output.
Typically, a fiber laser cutting machine uses computerised digital control technology, which allows the cutting data to be received from the computer-aided design workstation. These technologies aid in controlling either the surface of the material or the laser itself towards producing a specific pattern or design.
Fiber laser cutters also have dual interchangeable platforms that ease the loading and unloading of materials. This feature enables a speedy laser cutting process while maintaining accuracy and precision.
A fiber laser cutting machine is also easy to maintain. The parts require few replacements and tune-ups, which reduces the burden and expenses of maintenance. In addition, fiber lasers use nitrogen in their cutting process, allowing for faster, more precise, and less messy cutting.
Autofocus Laser Cutting Head
Without Manual Focusing
The software automatically adjusts the focusing lens to realize automatic perforating and cutting plates of different thickness.
The speed of automatically adjusting focus lens is ten times of the manual adjusting.
Bigger Adjustment Range
Adjustment range -10 mm~ +10mm, precision 0.01mm, suitable for 0 ~ 20mm different types of plates.
Long Service Life
Collimator lens and focus lens both have water-cooling heat sink which reduces the temperature of the cutting head to improve the life of the cutting head.
Independent Control Cabinet
All electrical components and laser source are built-in to the independent control cabinet with a dust-proof design to prolong the lifespan of the electrical components.
The control cabinet is equipped with air conditioner for automatic constant temperature. This can prevent excessive temperature damage to components in summer.
The Segmented Rectangular Tube Welded Bed
The internal structure of the bed adopts the aircraft metal honeycomb structure, which is welded by a number of rectangular tubes.
Stiffeners are arranged inside the tubes to increase the strength and tensile strength of the bed, it also increases the resistance and stability of the guide rail so as to effectively avoid the deformation of the bed.
High strength, stability, tensile strength, ensuring 20 years of use without distortion; Thickness of rectangular pipe wall is 10mm and weights 4500 kg.
|Laser type||Fiber laser|
|Laser power||500W 1000W 2000W 3000W 4000W|
|Applicable material||stainless steel, carbon steel, galvanized sheet, iron, aluminum，brass|
|Max cutting thickness||9mm ss, 18mm cs, 5mm brass, 6mm aluminum|
|Running speed||Max 25m/min|
|Stroke of X axis||1500mm|
|Stroke of Y axis||3000mm|
|Stroke of Z axis||70mm|
|Working power||≤7kva, 380V, 50/60HZ, 3 phase|
|Auxiliary gas||Air (16mpa air compressor) or Oxygen or Nitrogen|
Guide rail gear rack protection cover
YYC linear guide and gear rack
FUJI servo motor and reducer
Main Advantages of Fiber Laser Cutting
- Fiber laser has higher energy conversion rate that can reach up to 30%, saving operation and maintenance cost.
- Laser cutting machine are design with semiconductor modular and redundancy, and there is no optical lens in resonant cavity. So no need to spend much time starting and adjusting the machine before cutting work, which is incomparable among traditional laser machines.
- Protective lens is configure in fiber laser head to protect focus lens and reduce parts consumption.
- Laser head won’t touch the materials directly so as not to scratch the materials and ensure quality cutting effect.
- Fiber laser produces the smallest kerf and thermal area, which keeps the cutting stability and avoid deformation of the material.
- 0.2mm/min cutting accuracy and fast cutting speed markedly increases the work efficiency of metal parts manufacturing.
- Fiber laser cutting machine works in a safe and environmentally friendly way. Little pollution and noise will produce and workshop environment is well protect.
How Much Does A Fiber Laser Cutter Cost?
The fiber laser cutting machine cost is composed of the following:
1. Fiber laser machine spare parts.
2. Fiber laser machine software.
3. Shipping cost.
4. Tax rates.
6. Service and technical support.
A fiber laser cutter cost is from $9,800.00 to 270,000.00.
A fiber laser cutting machine is incredibly useful in the manufacturing and infrastructure industries. Here are the top six applications of fiber laser cutting machines:
The Automotive Industry – A fiber laser cutting machine processes many parts of a car, including doors, brakes and exhaust pipes.
The Kitchenware Industry – Many of the appliances found in kitchens are made of thin pieces of stainless steel which have been processed by a fiber laser cutter.
Home Appliance Manufacturing – Fiber laser cutters are being incorporated more in this industry to improve the quality of appliances and optimise their appearance.
Fitness Machine Manufacturing – Even the equipment at your local gym has been processed in part by a fiber laser cutter.
Lighting Manufacturing – Most mainstream outdoor lamps have pipes which have been shaped with the help of this machinery.
Decor & Metal Art Manufacturing – Fiber laser cutters can be used with computer numerical control to create graphic designs and patterns in sheets of metal. This means custom pieces for decoration and metal signs can be crafted.
Get In Touch With Us