Traditional laser machines have some limitations, such as cleaning with chemical solvents, using media blasting, which is very abrasive, dry ice blasting, and causing severe environmental pollution. But to solve this, there was a need for a modernized equipment technology. With that said, let look at its advantages;
The process does not use harmful products that might harm the environment, such as solvents, acids, or toxic chemicals. This reduces the risk of contamination or exposure of employees to dangerous materials. There are also no exhaust emissions, and all residues are recycled, and low noise is produced.
- Contact Free / Non-Abrasive
Laser cleaning removes impurities from the surface of an object without touching the underlying material as no chemicals are used, and no mechanical or thermal strain is placed on it. Thus, unnecessary wear is not caused; hence the quality of content is not degraded.
It puts the worker far away from the operation as it requires very little input from an operator; hence the element of safety is maintained. Due to its automatic nature, operations can be run fast with a high degree of accuracy, making the technology reliable and has excellent power output, pulse parameters, and wavelengths. This results to lower costs compared to other cleaning systems.
The cleaning process is straightforward as the machines can clean various types of contaminants to achieve cleanliness. Its small spot size focuses on the preferred area and ignores all locations that do not require cleaning, therefore saving on time.
- Cleaning of Micro-Application
The laser cleaning machine can clean organic contaminants and inorganic materials like metal corrosion, dust, and metal particles. It can be achieved through a long-distance operation. It can easily clean sites that traditional cleaning systems can’t reach. This is important as it is used in dangerous places to ensure the safety of the personnel.
Although the purchase price is quite an investment, you can use the machine for an extended period without having to buy another one. The maintenance and operation
The cost is low and favorable to companies or individuals.
The price of a laser rush removal machine is different from the pricing methods of traditional cleaning such as detergents. Compared with the attributes of cleaning agents as consumables, laser rust cleaning machines can be used repeatedly. As a laser equipment, its price mainly depends on different configurations. For example, if a laser generator with higher power is used, the price will definitely be higher.
Laser Rust Removal Machine Cost:
The price of 1000W portable laser rust remover starts from $8800. The price range of 1500W handheld laser rust removing machine is from $9800. The minimum cost of 2000W high power laser rust removal machine is $12,800. Of course, the price of an automatic laser rust cleaning machine with CNC controller or robot will be higher.
Even if the configuration is similar, the costs from different manufacturers are not the same. Because the cost not only involves configuration, but also includes shipping, brand, after-sales service, and other factors.
1. Surface polishing and rust removal in steel manufacturing
- When metals are exposed to moisture, they react with water to form ferrous oxide, thereby rusting. This rust reduces the quality of the metal, making it unsuitable for use in many applications.
- On the other hand, due to the heat treatment process, an oxide layer will be formed on the metal surface, and the oxide layer will discolor the metal surface, thereby hindering subsequent finishing operations.
2. Clean the anode components
- The presence of dirt and other pollutants will increase the resistance of the anode, resulting in more battery power consumption.
- The presence of pollutants also shortens the life of the anode by increasing the consumption rate of the anode during the smelting process.
3. Prepare for metal bonding
- In order to improve process stability, surface adhesion and better welding quality, the surface of the metal material to be joined must be prepared before welding and other joining techniques are applied.
- If the surface of the metal material is not cleaned, the joints and joints are prone to degradation, aggravation and even catastrophic failure.
4. Pretreatment for brazing and welding
- It helps to remove ferrous and non-ferrous metals, lubricants and other contaminants on the surface of metal and aluminum to prepare for high-quality welding.
- It also ensures smooth and non-porous brazing seams.
5. Partially remove the coating
- It can be used on almost all surface types, whether it is a chemical anodized layer, an oxide layer or an organic coating.
- laser rust remoal machine can remove coatings and paints in automobiles and other industries while maintaining the integrity of the substrate material.
6. Selective paint removal
The use of lasers for polishing, surface cleaning and coating removal applications is rapidly expanding. Depending on the application, the pulse frequency, energy, and wavelength of the laser must be precisely selected to clean, polish, and ablate the target material. At the same time, it is necessary to prevent any form of damage to the base material. At present, laser cleaning technology is mainly used to clean small parts.