Disc chipper is a kind of wood chipper, it is used to produce high quality wood chipper. Disc chipper is a special equipment for the preparation of high quality wood chips. It can cut high quality industrial wood chips with uniform growth degree, smooth incision and uniform thickness, including logs and small paths. It can also cut laminates and plates.
In a disc chipper, the knives are mounted in slots in a disc. The wood is cut against an anvil and once cut, passes through the disc, where casting plates will throw the chips out of the chute. The casting wings also generate a generous air stream, helping in blowing the chips out of the spout
Disc chipper are widely used in biomass production plants, pulp mills, paper mills, fibreboard factories, and preparation workshops. It is the first choice to process wood chips.
Features of Wood Disc Chipper
- Disc chippers have compact and proper structure.
- They feature high capacity, steady performance and high safety.
- You can operate and maintain it conveniently.
- A disc chipper is composed of an engine base, a feed port, a chipper disc, cutters, a cabinet, and an electronic controller.
- You can adjust the cutters to produce chips of different sizes and thicknesses.
Working Principle of Wood Disc Chipper
Wood materials are fed through the feed port. When it get to the chipper disc, the cutters spin at high speed and cut it into pieces. The cut wood chips are sent out of the cutting chamber by the high-speed airflow from the fan blades.