A woodchips/sawdust rotary dryer is a type of drying machine specifically designed for drying sawdust or other biomass materials. It utilizes a rotor system to efficiently and effectively dry the material.
Working Principle of woodchips/sawdust rotary dryer:
- Material Feeding: Sawdust or biomass materials are fed into the rotor dryer through a feeding mechanism .
- Drying Chamber: The drying chamber contains the rotor system, which consists of rotating blades or paddles. The rotor rotates at a high speed, creating turbulence and agitation within the drying chamber .
- Heat Source: The rotor dryer is equipped with a heat source, such as a the heat conduction oil furnace, which provides the necessary heat for drying the sawdust .
- Drying Process: As the rotor rotates, the sawdust is continuously lifted and dispersed by the blades or paddles. This movement exposes the sawdust to the hot air, promoting evaporation of moisture from the material .
- Moisture Removal: The hot air carries away the moisture evaporated from the sawdust, and it is expelled from the drying chamber through an exhaust system .
- Discharge: Once the sawdust reaches the desired moisture content.
Advantages of woodchips/Sawdust Rotor Dryer